Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Some Recent Poetry

Posted by Simon Halliday | Tuesday, May 17, 2005 | Category: |

Windswept 13.05.05

The wind gaily called my name
this morning,
it was so tempting
to deny everything
and run.


Currents 29.04.05

I stand on a promenade
salt-sprayed
the seas roiling
smashing the walls
beneath me
they would catch me
snatch away my breath
flatten me against the sand


Chatting 13.05.05

Although I would touch
you, I am arrested by
intuited discontent,
a restlessness,
pervasive as it is.

Yet there you are,
calmly beautiful
and I unable to make
the barest hint of
affections.

Meadow ridged 06.05.05

Your hair tightened its
grip on the links that were my eyes

too much I say too much

and to say I was delighted
would be trying
it is always easier to
say that which I don’t mean

you left

with all the clarity of
Cumulonimbus clouds
shedding too-large shadows

Currently have 0 comments: