Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Not to do with washing away

Posted by Simon Halliday | Friday, June 30, 2006 | Category: |

Other than the spelling mistakes in my previous blog (Highjacking) which in review annoy and entertain me (I think they were justified). I have been working on the following poem. It is sort of the third version of it since I wrote it.

Bath


Twice in two days

I have drawn baths.


Immersing myself

in the loud silence

only my heartbeat

plays its song.


It is proof to me

I am living.

My heart strikes

and hits and beats

its flesh and blood

as I beat the

waves of my mind.


When life seems trivial

I advise:


draw a bath

immerse yourself

hear your heart beat

confirm you're alive.

Currently have 0 comments: