Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Making of an Economist

Posted by Simon Halliday | Friday, March 07, 2008 | Category: |

I have long wondered what specifically makes an individual economist the way that they are. An associate of mine back in Cape Town, Mandisi Majavu, made me aware of this paper and I was wondering what others thought of it. It's called The Making of An Economist Redux (JEP, 2005), by Prof. David Colander and comments on a number of the top graduate schools in the States. Thoughts? Opinions?

You can get the paper at this link.

And also, for those of you who care, you can see in this Q&A from Freakonomics at the NY Times that Hal Varian uses Linux.

Currently have 0 comments: