Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Links

Posted by Simon Halliday | Saturday, February 21, 2009 | Category: |

Articles and Blog Posts
Willem Buiter - Capital Controls
New Scientist - Are We About to Eliminate AIDS?
Economist - Gesticulating Helps Children to Learn
Dan Hamermesh - An Economics Rap
Brad DeLong (in The Week) - End Times for Milton Friedman?
Seed - Adapting to a new economy (on evolutionary economics, I am a fan of the notion)
Axel Leijonhufvud - No Ordinary Recession
Vox - Volunteering and the State

Recent Essays I've Read
Emily Bernard - Teaching the 'N-word'
James McConkey - What Kind of father am I?
Nassim Taleb -The Fourth Quadrant: A Map of the Limits of Statistics

A fantastic resource for lectures online: Academic Earth.

A good poem: Samuel Taylor Coleridge - Christabel

Currently have 0 comments: