Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Monday, March 23, 2009

South African Scores an Own Goal for Democracy

Posted by Simon Halliday | Monday, March 23, 2009 | Category: , , |

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhe_vDcByKodTeNZ1QJ8lygqu1RHRRxoQMq2tMgoWG5neblrs5DzK9xwqPtZXlq3tWGuXff7F1uMGUIrg4dlfwuT5Z6hH1TCR_-SMPJq9vyEkCkF49HL2IskwTxCSWnREdmlGoA0Q/s400/wtf.jpg
Wow! Denying the Dalai Lama a visa, that's what I call self-righteous.

Or maybe it suppresses speech, shows South Africa kowtowing to Chinese interests and promotes illiberal politics inconsistent with the South African constitution

I could be wrong though.  it could be 'an independent, sovereign decision' as Ronnie Mamoepa says.

Hmm... methinks kitty represents my opinion well.   
 

Currently have 0 comments: