Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Auctions and Politicians

Posted by Simon Halliday | Monday, May 25, 2009 | Category: , |

David Warsh has an interesting new column out at Economic Principals.  In it he discusses the growing role of 'Market Design' a relatively new field in economics that focuses on auctions, the underlying structures of markets, and more.  The champion of this new field is Al Roth of Harvard, from whose blog, Market Design, I got the tip about the article.  Take a look at Warsh's summary to read a review of some of the latest ideas in market design and auction theory.

Currently have 0 comments: