Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

SALDRU Affiliate

Posted by Simon Halliday | Wednesday, June 03, 2009 | Category: , , , |

I am now a research affiliate for the Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit (SALDRU) based at the University of Cape Town.  I worked with SALDRU previously when I was in Cape Town, working on the Quality of Life Survey (a survey of land reform projects in South Africa, which is still under embargo from the World Bank, more on this later this year when the data are released).  With the upcoming release of the first wave of the National Income Dynamics Survey (NIDS) and several other researchers based at the unit, I am very happy to collaborate with the unit.  Justine Burns and I are currently working on another draft of a working paper for SALDRU.  She and I also have another project going on risk-aversion (more of which later).  Hopefully you'll see more working papers from me pop up on the SALDRU page in the future.

Currently have 0 comments: