Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Friday, June 06, 2008

Lunch with Erik

Posted by Simon Halliday | Friday, June 06, 2008 | Category: , , , |



In the picture above you have (L to R): Sebastian, Burak, Ana, Erik, Me and Sladjana. Erik took us out for lunch, the lucky ones who decided to 'indulge' him. He was indulging us more like it! In discussions of theories of (distributive) justice, what constitutes exploitation (Roemerian,or Marxist, or whatever) and a host of other things from a discussionof his trip to South Africa last year, spending time in Soweto andother stuff (e.g. inheritance laws). Anyway, I don't have much time to write just now, but I will try to consider my thoughts ontheories of distributive justice. I am going to be writing an essay onthis later for my History of Economic Thought course and may blog aboutit for a bit. My plan is to write on 'equality of opportunity'. Watch this space.

Currently have 0 comments: