Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Easterly & Freschi get it wrong

Posted by Simon Halliday | Monday, March 23, 2009 | Category: |

http://andyrainey.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/simpsons-the-doh-4900579.jpgWilliam Easterly and Laura Freschi post on the Aid Watch blog about British Foreign Aid.  Owen Barder calls them on several 'facts' that they got incorrect, indicating that their argument is thus deeply flawed (especially in the context of one of Easterly's own recent papers).

Anyway, this highlights the value of blogging.  People make a point, others, in the know and with access to the statistics, correct them quickly.  Consequently, our intellectual capital can develop swiftly and improve in accuracy.  What a valuable process!

HT: Chris Blattman

Currently have 0 comments: