Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Friday, May 30, 2008

China and skills

Posted by Simon Halliday | Friday, May 30, 2008 | Category: |

I just wanted to recommend that people take a look at this post on Marginal Revolution. I have blogged a few times about many of the eastern countries' practices in terms of managing to improve science graduation at high school and later in university. The paper on which the MR post is based reiterates how important this has become, how China has graduates soaring into the sciences and engineering and how this will impact on future innovation and China's ability to have an impact on the world economy. It is truly astounding. I just wish that the SA govt would think about it a bit more and get its grip on high school math and science.

Currently have 0 comments: