Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Chaoplexity, etc

Posted by Simon Halliday | Friday, May 30, 2008 | Category: |

As most of you know by now I am a proud supported of complexity theory in economics. There are several recent articles that you can look at on this topic:

A Brave Army of Heretics, David Warsh, Economics Principles
John Horgan on "Can Chaoplexology Save Economics?", by Barkley Rosser
Can Chaoplexity Save Economics?, by John Horgan

Hat tip to Economist's View for two of these links.

I'd also recommend Barkley Rosser's homepage for a number of papers.

A number of books, Eric Beinhocker's Origins of Wealth and one of the original sleuth style books giving coverage of the development of the Santa Fe institute is Waldrop's Complexity, give them a look if you have the time and money.

Currently have 0 comments: