Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Aid Watch

Posted by Simon Halliday | Monday, January 26, 2009 | Category: , , |

William Easterly, aid sceptic extraordinaire (note aid not AIDS), has started a blog: Aid Watch. I am often in disagreement with Easterly, but he does make decent points in his research about aid, about accountability and about guidelines for policy. He starts of his contribution to the blogosphere by commenting on two recent opeds by Robert Zoellick, the president of the World Bank. Easterly criticises Zoellick for his personal pet hate: aid for aid's sake, rather than for what the aid will do. Take a look.

Currently have 0 comments: