Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Casnocha on Cowen

Posted by Simon Halliday | Wednesday, July 08, 2009 | Category: |

http://www.lfb.org/images/create.jpg I enjoyed Ben Casnocha's appraisal, titled RSSted Devlopment, of Tyler Cowen's recently released book Create Your Own Economy.  I'll read the book once it comes out in paperback and I'll certainly provide a review then (1 day to go till paperback release in the UK... hmm... ok I'll probably pick it up as London-Qatar-Cape Town reading material at the end of the month).  Until then, take a look at Casnocha's review - he ties together several strands of thinking in the blogosphere and combines them with what he read in the book to produce a compelling essay.  And, contrary to Nick Carr, I didn't find it difficult to concentrate on the essay, nor did I skip around too much (I admit to googling Carr's essay, which I read last year, and to loading up Casnocha's website while reading the piece).  Anyway, take a look, I'm looking forward to reading it, strange theories of autistic information processing. 


Currently have 0 comments: