Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Links

Posted by Simon Halliday | Sunday, January 25, 2009 | Category: |

Financial Crisis
Robert Shiller - Recession Insurance
Robert Skidelsky - The Business Cycle Myth
Leigh Caldwell - Bounded Rationality and the Credit Environment
Barry Eichengreen - Was the Euro a mistake?
Luigi Zingales - Yes we can, Mr Geithner
Ricardo Caballero - A Global Perspective on the great financial insurance run: Causes, consequences and solutions (Part 1, Part 2)

Economics Generally
Jeff Sachs - A Breakthrough Against Hunger
Eliot Spitzer - America's Fear of Competition

Politics
Naom Scheiber - The Audacity of Data (actually on Obama policy, quite old now (March '08)  but still very interesting)
Obama's Race Speech (also last year, but I recently re-read it and thought it worthwhile to reference)
Obama's inauguration speech

Other

Med Headlines - Coffee Today Keeps Dementia Away

Currently have 0 comments: