Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Busy Week

Posted by Simon Halliday | Tuesday, June 03, 2008 | Category: , , , |

So this week is going to be crazy busy. Arthur Robson, of Simon Fraser University, is coming to visit as the new Bioeconomics Chair at St. Chiara College, of UniSi.

I am also meeting up with Bob Rowthorn, from Cambridge, to discuss some of his interesting recent work on slow learners and possible paths for my PhD. He is a really interesting and bright guy, and I enjoyed meeting him previously in Barcelona. You may recall that I blogged about some of his work previously.

Erik Olin Wrigh
t, from Wisconsin, is also coming to present some work here on Thursday. Luckily that's after my Macro exam, so I'll be a bit tired, but looking forward to it nevertheless.

Yes, I write Macro 3 this week. Joy. Such great seminars and fantastic people to meet, who arrive while we write exams. Oh well... less study time then.

Currently have 0 comments: