Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 11, 2010

New SA Law Blog

Posted by Simon Halliday | Thursday, February 11, 2010 | Category: |

A new South African law blog has come onto the scene - For Voet's Sake.  It's a team blog with contributions from several young South Africans, some of them graduate students in law at the University of Cape Town and a couple of others clerking at the constitutional court (as far as I understand it).  The blog has the potential to speak about all kinds of interesting topics and to offer high quality but accessible insights into the functioning and practice of constitutional law in South Africa.  Two of the bloggers [David Watson and Emma Webber far left and middle in the picture] are former colleagues of mine during my volunteer work with the Township Debating League at the University of Cape Town.  One of the recent posts states the blog's aim: 'To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly blog abot things no one wanted to blog about before.' Good luck to them, at least about the blogging.  I'm less certain about the new worlds and civilizations. 

Currently have 0 comments: