Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Carnival of the Africans #2

Posted by Simon Halliday | Sunday, September 28, 2008 | Category: , , |

Wim Louw over at the little book of capoeira is hosting the second Carnival of the Africans, to which I contributed three pieces, my piece on having a large disadvantaged (I forgot the final d in the original piece's title, silly typo!) populace but wanting to create equality, my piece on herbal remedies and my piece on Egalitarianism in young children.  


Other pieces I liked in the carnival include: 
The Skeptic Detective's discussion of why the LHC won't end the world.
Mike Meadon has two posts saying farewell (with glee) to Manto.
Sceptic SA's take on Angus Buchan et al.
Others were also cool, but I don't feel like doing any more link :-)

I am hosting the next carnival on 28 October 2008 and I will be sending out calls for submissions.  In fact be aware that I may very well send barrages of emails your way if you just happen to write on things related to Africa and to skeptical thinking.

Currently have 0 comments: