Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Four 3 Minute Videos

Posted by Simon Halliday | Thursday, September 25, 2008 | Category: |

From Al Jazeera English and Lucia Newman on racism-related topics in Latin America.

A good quote from a prosecutor, Almeno Soares, in Brazil: "We confuse racial coexistence with racial equality."

I also liked the idea of linguistic equality in the 4th video, but in a country like South Africa with 11 national languages should what constitutes 'linguistic equality'?

HT: Neuroanthropology.







Currently have 0 comments: