Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Haruki Murakami on Running

Posted by Simon Halliday | Sunday, June 08, 2008 | Category: |

Haruki Murakami is one of my favourite contemporary fiction writers. From Dance, Dance, Dance to Norwegian Wood to Kafka on the Shore his writing is sublime.

This article from The Guardian is an extract from his essay on running What I talk about when I talk about running, which itself is a play on the title of Raymond Carver's legendary collection of short stories, What we talk about when we talk about love, which, if you haven't read it, you should!

Currently have 0 comments: