Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Supposedly Obama sweeps Egypt and Japan too

Posted by Simon Halliday | Saturday, June 14, 2008 | Category: |

You might have seen a recent post of mine commenting on the fact that polls show that Obama has substantially more support amongst most countries in Europe than Mr McCain does (quelle surprise?). Anyway, I wish to refer you to an Op-Ed piece by Thom Friedman on him, indicating that Obama seems to have fairly good support in Egypt too.



Oh, and if you haven't seen this piece (or this one) on how Japanese residents of Obama support Obama then have a look just for the laugh value, it's a bit old but I only saw it recently.

Currently have 0 comments: