Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sexism in the US Media

Posted by Simon Halliday | Saturday, June 07, 2008 | Category: |

So I am not a Hillary supporter. Personally, I support Barack Obama. Not that this is particularly relevant for a South African, but nevertheless. The video below though is particularly disturbing in terms of how people in the media in the US have and, in all likelihood, will continue to contribute to the oppression of women in power. It really is despicable.




Sexism Sells -- But We're Not Buying It

Currently have 2 comments:

  1. Disgusting, totally agreed. And how crazy is Fox? Geez.

    For fairness, though, I think some of the comments included in the video aren't reflections of sexism: Christopher Hitchens' for example.

  2. Yes, I agree. Fox is crazy. Some of the stuff I think that they are a bit over-sensitive about, but a lot of it is crazy, crazy sexist.

    Chris Hitchens = not so bad.