Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some Links

Posted by Simon Halliday | Tuesday, June 10, 2008 | Category: |

Hints of structure beyond the known universe

Why the brain follows rules

'Logical Proof' of the Existence of a Divine Creator (Sorry but I had to put that in quotes, hat tip to Mike, central argument of this piece is that 10 000 buildings can't build themselves, a variant on the 'spontaneous Boeing 747 argument, the author seemingly hasn't read enough science, evolutionary biology or chemistry).

Anticipating the Future to 'See' the Present, more on visual perception, might interest Richard.

Brainpower May Lie in Complexity of Synapses

And... the Martin Luther King Jr. I have a Dream Speech, because, for some reason I had never watched it up to today and found it on YouTube, obviously.

Currently have 0 comments: