Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Links

Posted by Simon Halliday | Saturday, July 26, 2008 | Category: |

Eurekalert - No Gender Differences in math performance (though they use averages, whereas others have argued that there should be no average difference, but the variation is lower for girls than for boys)
The Economist - Do Economists Need Brains? (Neuroeconomics)
Tim Harford (CC) - Does recognition actually work?
Esther Dulfo (CC) - What makes creative capitalism hard?
John Roemer (CC) - Tax the Rich
Raphael Auer (Vox EU) - How can we end poverty? The Determinants of Development
Hertz et al (Vox EU) - The Transmission of Educational Inequality Across Generations

Barack Obama - A World That Stands as One (transcript of his speech in Berlin, video embedded below)

Currently have 0 comments: