Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Links

Posted by Simon Halliday | Thursday, July 31, 2008 | Category: |

John Hawks - Organizing the "Idea Marketplace"
Alan S. Blinder - Cash for Clunkers or Eco-Friendly Stimulus
Susan Neiman - Change Germans Can't Believe In
IMF - IMF Data Map (HT Economist's View)
ASLL - Markets vs. Capitalism
NYT - David Brooks - The Biggest Issue (includes James Heckman on whom I've blogged previously)
Chris Blattman - Cheap Advice, twice
Vox EU - WTO's Difficulties

The Fox Bust - Oh the woes of the Propaganda machine (HT: Mike)



And because I think it's cool, one of the biggest waves ever ridden (or at least having been recorded while being surfed).

Currently have 0 comments: