Economics, Literature and Scepticism

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I am a PhD student in Economics. I am originally from South Africa and plan to return there after my PhD. I completed my M. Comm in Economics and my MA In Creative Writing (Poetry) at the University of Cape Town, where I worked as a lecturer before starting my PhD.

Blog Archive

Monday, July 14, 2008

Pol-Links

Posted by Simon Halliday | Monday, July 14, 2008 | Category: |

Dave Ansara on Mantashe and the ANC vs. The People
Barack Obama's Op-Ed Piece on his Plan for Iraq
The G-Spot on Possible Democrat VPs
Patrick Madden on An Aphasic Proposition

Currently have 4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love Simon. Glad I could provide you with some info from afar.

    I enjoyed Patrick Madden's proposition and I think we should start a draft of aphasic's with immediate effect. Thank you for linking to his piece, it was worth reading.

  2. Thanks for the link, Si!

  3. I left this comment on Pad's article today, but thought I'd drop it here in case that is more effective:

    "Patrick, very interesting! But I’m left wondering about one small thing. How are we to determine the opinion of aphasics, after they’ve viewed someone whose honesty we wish to assess, if they are unable to communicate with language? Does laughter mean the same to them (e.g. when we listen to Bush) as it does to us?"

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.